Re: Cindy- Thanks colonoscopies/central lines

Sun Nov 25 15:17:47 2001

Jean,

Not to mention the costs. I just got the bill from my last central line and it was in excess of $600. I really wonder...not to shoot you down or anything Cindy...but I really would be concerned with whether insurance will cover those costs for a colonoscopy...particularly if it is not an emergency.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean Long" <creative@enter.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 3:45 PM Subject: Cindy- Thanks colonoscopies/central lines

> Cindy, > I understand the veins collapsing thing since I also have that problem. > Last time they tried to get blood it took 4 visits to them and they never > were successful so I just gave up. They can't even get it from my hands > anymore and I don't think I like the idea of the toes. > > I still don't understand the central line for a Colonoscopy though since it > is only a test. > If I went through it with nothing at all you would think you could get a > shot for pain which doesn't go into any veins. > > I can see Central Lines for long-term things like 6 weeks of antibiotics or > surgery, but for a test I still don't understand. > Like I said before I don't know anyone who got that much medication for the > short period of time it takes for a test which would make them put a central > line in for a colonoscopy or similar test, when it actually can be done > without any medication at all. Maybe not the preferred way for the comfort > of the patient but definitely can be done. > Gosh, it would take as long to put the central line in as it does to do the > test, not to mention the risks involved. I know my doctors wouldn't do that. > > JEAN > > "Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live" > > -----Original Message----- > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf > Of Cindy > Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:29 PM > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Thanks colonoscopies/central lines > > Thanks to everyone who replied. The reason I will have a central > line is that I have no veins. They can't even get a butterfly > needle in without blowing the small vein. Of course every nurse > I come across always thinks shes the best and can get a vein, but > they never can. I needed only enough blood for a thyroid test. > She poked me four times w/butterfly needles and still couldn't > get enough for the test. A central line is the only way for me > thats why I don't want to take a test that may not show any thing. > > Thanks everyone > Hugs > Cindy >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: