Cindy- Thanks colonoscopies/central lines

Sun Nov 25 14:43:36 2001

Cindy, I understand the veins collapsing thing since I also have that problem. Last time they tried to get blood it took 4 visits to them and they never were successful so I just gave up. They can't even get it from my hands anymore and I don't think I like the idea of the toes.

I still don't understand the central line for a Colonoscopy though since it is only a test. If I went through it with nothing at all you would think you could get a shot for pain which doesn't go into any veins.

I can see Central Lines for long-term things like 6 weeks of antibiotics or surgery, but for a test I still don't understand. Like I said before I don't know anyone who got that much medication for the short period of time it takes for a test which would make them put a central line in for a colonoscopy or similar test, when it actually can be done without any medication at all. Maybe not the preferred way for the comfort of the patient but definitely can be done. Gosh, it would take as long to put the central line in as it does to do the test, not to mention the risks involved. I know my doctors wouldn't do that.

JEAN

"Birthdays are good for you: the more you have the longer you live"

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Cindy Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:29 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Thanks colonoscopies/central lines

Thanks to everyone who replied. The reason I will have a central line is that I have no veins. They can't even get a butterfly needle in without blowing the small vein. Of course every nurse I come across always thinks shes the best and can get a vein, but they never can. I needed only enough blood for a thyroid test. She poked me four times w/butterfly needles and still couldn't get enough for the test. A central line is the only way for me thats why I don't want to take a test that may not show any thing.

Thanks everyone Hugs Cindy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: