Re: Fw: kevins surgery followup

Sun Nov 18 22:59:54 2001

Mine was not a good recovery so you probably don't want him to read mine. Sorry, but I awoke in right-sided rib pain that was so bad I could hardly walk. I have never in my life been in such horrible pain (it felt like a knife was stabbing me in my right rib). I had previous right-sided rib pain before having my adhesiolysis, so the operation seemed to aggrevate it further. It is a difficult recovery; it hurts to walk, get out of bed, bend over, eat. I was rather shocked at how much it hurt; although you see these little tiny stitches on the outside your insides have been through a major operation and every organ they touched let me know it. I did push myself to get out of bed and walk the yard every day (not exactly standing upright as that was difficult). I hobbled rather nicely through the yard all hunched over. It took around 3 or 4 weeks before I felt better (although I still was dealing with the right-rib pain) and still am to this day.

Tell him to not expect to be up and playing ball the next day, to take it slow and easy, rest, lay back and give his body time to heal.

I am so happy that Dr. Redan was able to help him and am truly wishing him a much better life now and that his life will be filled with happiness and free of pain.

Do you mind if I ask what caused his adhesions? Although there are a few men here at the board, you don't see many.

In Friendship,

Helen C.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: