Re: Hypogastric Nerve block

Sun Nov 18 09:30:14 2001

Lillian, Good luck with the procedure hope it helps. I had this done a few years ago unfortunately mine failed. I was awake through out the procedure doctor wanted me to be aware if he hit something he was not suppose too, which he actually did hit the nerve in my leg. Leg went up and slammed off the table and lost complete feeling in my leg for almost a week, but it came back. When they injected the dye the first time, you could see on the screen that it pooled in one area, that's how the doctor knew that I had alot of adhesions in that area, the fluid could not even move around to numb the areas it was suppose to, went for another one a few weeks after that, this time it took some but not enough to bring any kind of real relief. They were actually doing this as a prep to see if cutting the abdominal nerves would bring pain relief, but since my pain is located on the outer side and the nerve cutting procedure would only block midline they decided it would not be worth it for me.. I really hope this does bring you some kind of relief. Hugs Kim

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Msvirgo9459@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 10:19 AM Subject: Hypogastric Nerve block

Hello To All, Well yesterday I had my hypogastric nerve block the first of a series. I was sedated upon request . I was asked if I wanted to be or not.Then the procedure took about 10-15 minutes. I was out of it and remember nothing but them giving me a shot of Toradol after the procedure and the pain in my back from the injection site and still having pain in my lower abdomen. I came home with the feeling it was unsuccessful. Then about 2 hours later I felt like I had some releif.Then again they told me it may take several attempts to get good results. It really wasn't that bad. Next I will see the doc again and talk about how much painreleif I am having. They told me the pain releif may not come until 2-3 days because they put steroids in the injection the type that work on inflammation. So I will let you all know as it goes how well I do. Thanks for all your help with the research. And I do have a very experienced doc. My hubby and I talked to him prior to the procedure and felt ve! ry confident that he was knowledgable. And very concerned about my condition.And the team that worked with him are just as comforting. Thanks and Blessings to all Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: