Hypogastric Nerve block

Sat Nov 17 08:18:47 2001

Hello To All, Well yesterday I had my hypogastric nerve block the first of a series. I was sedated upon request . I was asked if I wanted to be or not.Then the procedure took about 10-15 minutes. I was out of it and remember nothing but them giving me a shot of Toradol after the procedure and the pain in my back from the injection site and still having pain in my lower abdomen. I came home with the feeling it was unsuccessful. Then about 2 hours later I felt like I had some releif.Then again they told me it may take several attempts to get good results. It really wasn't that bad. Next I will see the doc again and talk about how much painreleif I am having. They told me the pain releif may not come until 2-3 days because they put steroids in the injection the type that work on inflammation. So I will let you all know as it goes how well I do. Thanks for all your help with the research. And I do have a very experienced doc. My hubby and I talked to him prior to the procedure and felt very confident that he was knowledgable. And very concerned about my condition.And the team that worked with him are just as comforting. Thanks and Blessings to all Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: