Re: member

Thu Nov 15 15:37:12 2001

Dear Kimmi,

I understand very much, I have been on both sides. And after so much talk about Dr. Reich and how I might have this pain lifted, I decided to have this surgery. I waited bedridden for 3 months for this surgery, flew from Denver to PA. My pain returned 9 weeks later and is now worse than ever. I do not regret the surgery, I was very sick and I needed to have my gall bladder removed as well. In the condition I was in I had to have surgery and I still believe I chose the best.

I have experimented a lot with alternative therapies, just like with my diet somethings make it better and some make it worse.

I found out a couple weeks ago after going to a chiropractor that my adhesions are pulling so much on my right side that my vertabrae are tweaked. I started going for adjustements and I just can't continue,it is too much, so I will just let my back spin. I don't do well with massage therapy or too much stretching on my abdomen and right hip, but I do do well with massage therapy with my back, limbs and neck. I am also having acupuncture which helps too. So far only Oxycontin helps manage the pain, but the rest make me feel good on the inside and that is important.

Endorphins are our natural pain killers. Just 20-30 min of cardio a few times a week can help fight the pain and depression. Yoga helps with the mind-body connection and with stress. Meditation is another thing we can do to that has very positive effects. Soaking it hot baths, moist heat packs, cuddling kitties...

I understand being tired of fighting and the feeling of not being able to endure.

We are so conditioned in our society to fix things, especially when we know exactly what is wrong. But it can become a bit like hitting our heads against a brick wall. I have been on this board fo almost a year and have witnessed the cycle of surgery and returning pain so many times it makes me cry.

I hope that we will all help eachother find other ways of coping and staying positive.

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: