Lesa- Another Update

Wed Nov 14 14:57:22 2001

Lesa, Sorry to hear about your test results! It is about time they did further investigating. I told you it didn't sound right, and I had experience with an abscessed cyst and also an infected incision.

It is a shame they left it go this long or maybe it wouldn't have gotten so bad!! I wish you lots of luck with whatever they must do now to get rid of it. I just hope they have a good surgeon work with you and don't make matters even worse!

I had lots of tests involving dye and needles done lately and it did make my pain worse also. I think it is because they are directly messing around (and in) the problem and pain area therefore riling it up. I was told it would probably make me worse for awhile.

Hugs, JEAN

"How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on" -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of TODDnLESA@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 10:03 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Another Update

Hello Everyone! I haven't been online much the past week, I've been in awful pain. I had the "fistulagram" done last Thursday. It didn't go at all like I'd hoped. Unfortunately the abscess wasn't all in one confined little area. It covers my total abdomen like a road map, it's from my diaphram down the center of my abdomen and has a bunch of fingers down along both sides. I couldn't believe it. The radiologist was quite surprised as well. I went to see the doctor that same evening and he didn't know what to say! Now, I am waiting for the insurance company to authorize a CT scan which will be done with the dye being shot directly into the hole in the abscess. The doctor said it's no wonder the thing keeps draining, it's all through my abdomen! I don't know whether it was the dye or what but I was dy! ing for days afterward. I'm trying to keep positive (like I advise everyone else to do) but it's very hard. I've been fighting this thing for over three months now and still I wait! It looks as though I will be going to UCLA again for some major surgery soon. Again, I will have to wait for an authorization from my lovely HMO...aren't they just great?

I hope all of you are doing better than I am at this moment.

Love to all, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: