Re: Colette -- Lupron

Tue Nov 13 08:37:46 2001

At Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Colette wrote: >
>So my options are Lupron for endo which i've heard not so good stuff
>about!

I have a friend with endo who took Lupron for a little while (and it was very bad news) and then she went to taking birth control pills on the 3-week-no-period method. This is where you take 3 weeks of the pills, and then instead of the 4th week, which are the placebos and that's when you get your period, she starts a new pack. This does NOT work well for everybody, but it works for her. And the pill is a relatively low-risk option. If you try this for a few months and it doesn't work you can always stop and try something else. But if surgery doesn't work then it's not like they can go back a few months later and put those parts back in!

One thing is that the different birth control pills have different formulations, and so some are going to work better than others for this use. Or what might work best is some odd variation, like taking more than one pill a day or something. So you want to have a doctor who is going to do some research and be willing to tinker a bit, as opposed to one who is just humoring you and doing the bare minimum so that when it doesn't work he gets to do that surgery he wants to do...

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: