Re: Karla

Sun Nov 4 11:59:28 2001

At Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Karla wrote: >
>I haven't been on the board for quite some time now. I just haven't had the energy to participate. Now I find myself really needing your support.
>
>I was hospitalized for a week with yet another kidney problem and pneumonia. I went on Monday to the doctor for my follow-up appointment. When the doctor was examining my abdomen he notied an opening in my incision. I didn't think it was too much to worry about...it was very small. But, apparrently the doctor felt otherwise because he presonally called and scheduled my appointment down in Chicago.
>
>I flew down there yesterday and saw my surgeon in the morning. Like I thought, the incision was no problem. But, my blood pressure was quite elevated so they sent me to my internal medicine doctor, who put me in the hospital for the night. They also told me that the urological surgeon who works on my case was refusing to do my surgery. They didn't feel that he was going to change his opinion. He felt that he wasn't going to be able to make things better, therefore, why do it. I was told that if he didn't do the surgery they would not be able to do any of the surgery they had scheduled.
>This is a real step backwards for me. Now what? I did make a phone call to my original urologist. I hope and pray that he will be willing to do a revision and at the same time can set me up with a new surgeon. My original surgeon retired a few months ago. He was the reason I didn't go back. He was of the opinion taht adhesions dtidn't cause pain...that basically they didn't exist. Perhaps he can find a good surgeon who recognizes adhesions.
>
>God Bless!
>
>Love Karla

--
My God Karla!

It is difficult for me to respond as to how anyone else will feel about your story here as I am close to it. My feelings are going to be different then most as I fought so hard to help you and we lost! We did not fail, as we tried and if we did not try then we would have failed you!

I go over and over in my mind what we might have missed in getting help for you, yet I find nothing, I do feel defeated, yet I also feel a small sense of success....not enough to save you my dear Karla, but maybe enough to allow you to live the rest of your days with the dignity and pride a person like you deserves!! These are not words of wisdom nor comfort, but what you have suffered at the hands of surgeons and Dr.s may save others from that same living hell.

Maybe, maybe we did win at something, maybe we saved you from more unnecessary surgery's and insults, maybe we gave you your sense of dignity and pride back, maybe we empowered you with enough knowledge to know what to allow and not allow when it came to surgeons and Dr.'s! Maybe we gave you your chance to know that what you were suffering was a real and terrible disease, live or die with this, you at least understood you were a victim, an innocent victim of deceit by those you trusted your life to, indignities imposed upon you because THEY were not honest with you, you may die because they failed YOU, Karla, we didn't fail you, they did!

What ever may come, know your loved, prayed for and will now and forever be held in a special place in my heart, and many others throughout this WORLD! Your a shining beacon, a light for others when it comes to educating about ARD! Many doors of knowledge regarding Adhesion Related Disease have been open to the world now..may your story turn on the lights for others as they walk through those doors so that they will find the strength and perseverance..no matter what may come their way!

I love you Karla, we have been friends for many years, I am still here for you, and I shall never give up hope for you as I believe in miracles, and though my heart breaks for you, I will not allow it to give up on your life just yet! I have no more answer's for you, that is true, and I have no way to know what the miracle will be for you, but we will have one, and if it comes down to you receiving the strength and deep inner acceptance of your fate with an open heart and days filled with peace and happiness, may you know that you face uncertainty in your life as we all do, but you also face the joys of your grandson when you depart us...and we don't know who may leave this world when...so I pray that you may be speared less suffering while your with us my dear friend...may God Bless You always!

Love Bev

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: