Dear Cheryl/Sally/pain meds worked out

Tue Oct 30 12:24:13 2001

Dear CHERYL, I'm sorry you're going through such problems, I was too for a little while, I have a wonderful local doctor, but he had decided to cut back on my meds to see what happened, well, what happened was pain, pain, pain.

I've tried mind over matter, but it hasn't worked yet. I wish there was some way you could ommunicate with your present doctor that it doesn't have to be either this or that. I'm trying a combination of opiates, including the patch and oxycontin, plus a few other milder ones. The point is not to take more pills or medication. The point is to be pain free or relatively pain free with the minimum quanitiy of medication. When you mix them, it works best for me. If I'm feeling in so so pain, I take a less potent pill, If I feel like screaming I take a very strong pill. I'm on the patch continuously and it help tremendously. But it needs to be supplemented with other pills.

Is there any way you can get this across to your doctor, without offending him. Mine gets kidney stones, and I really believe it has made him a more compassionate man. Everytime, he starts to withdraw my meds, and I start to begin to get upset, I believe he remembers his pain and listens to me and we work something out. So far, so good.

Your doctor unfortunately sounds a little childish, sorry, but you probably already think this. He shouldn't be emotionally attached to his diagnosis, and he should be aware that extreme pain needs to be treated in any way possible.

We're not in the way of clear lives with no medication, we just want to live somewhat normally without laying in bed all day and moaning and crying. I'm reading the book, Full Catastrophy Living, and So far, so good. Keep up your good spirits. Maybe if you wrote him a letter with the board editing it, he would understand. Good luck., Love, Sally

>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: