Re: Helen...a regular chat time

Thu Oct 25 10:58:49 2001

HI JO

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA, I HAVNT BEEN THE BEST THE LAST FEW DAYS, I HAVE PETHIDINE VIRTUALLY EVERY 2 DAYS, HOPE TO TALK WITH YOU ONLINE SOON.

PHIL

PERTH AUSTRALIA

>----- Original Message -----
From: Jo EslickSent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 4:09 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Helen...a regular chat time

Darling Hel-yun.... Hehehe yes....we can get into all sorts of details when we chat "privately". I already belong to a couple of groups who have a regular meeting time, once a week. That doesn't mean you HAVE to join the chat each and every week, just pop in when you feel like it. The regular time is great, because you know for SURE that there will be at least one to three others there to chat with..... I really think we could make use of this kind of system, especially with newbies who are always full of loads of questions....and they have to agonise & wait, what can seem like an age before they get a response. I know this has been brought up on the board before, but I really wish we had a chatroom here on the site. I have a really good friend who is the webmaster of the GuidesNSW web site and they have a chatroom. Last weekend was JOTI/JOTA, which stands for Jamboree of the internet/air. Guides and scouts all around the world either participated in conversations via the internet or ham radio with fellow guides & scouts from many many countries. Its a great weekend, tiring, but loads of fun (Yes, I did participate,and chatted with people from Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, USA, New Zealand & Australia). The key to making this work is to have a regular chat time, help each person figure out time & day differences, so that we all know if we visit the chatroom at such & such a time on such and! such a day of the week, we will be sure to catch someone to talk to! Lets not wait until we are bored....lets do it as an additional way to help people (including us!) Love & gentle warm hugs Jo (Australia)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: