Uterine suspension (sorry if it's long!)

Tue Oct 23 10:21:44 2001

Good morning! First time posting here, I have a question:

Brief history, I'm 10 days post-laparoscopy for adhesions (1st lap 13 yrs ago for ruptured ov. cyst, no endo/adhesions then). Appendix adhered to rt ovary, also other adhesions maybe involving the omentum and some intestine (my guess from watching video, post-op is in 2 days so no official report yet). Also, a uterine suspension was done.

Question: should I be concerned about these symptoms I'm getting now?: Generally I'm OK, I'm moving about and working (at home), but still get pain in the ovary/ute areas, still limit activities more than I would have expected at this point in recovery, and still get very bloated by the end of the day. Last night was the worst, I had a chiropractic adjustment (gentle) in the afternoon, but a few hours later got extreme cramping and throbbing pain through my lower pelvis (it felt like labor, came in waves like that) and low back that lasted for several hours. Also, for several days now I've had a whitish discharge (resembles the umbilical from an egg, sorry if that's too descriptive!) every time I urinate. There's been no fever.

Any input would be greatly appreciated - I will be seeing my doc in 2 days for post-op, but thought I'd see what opinions were in the meantime. Thanks in advance!

--
Libby

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: