Re: Back from Vacation

Wed Sep 26 21:52:33 2001

Dear Helen:

It's been a long time since I wrote you, but happy to hear you had a vacation. I have over 700 emails to go through and delete, but the reason I am writing is because for one thing I just got out of the hospital tonight, I was in for 16 days. I found a great surgeon that did another laparoscopy surgery last Friday (Sept 21), I have NO ADHESIONS whatsoever.

The cause of all my pain and suffering was from using the narcotics and the opioids. I am home only this one evening to leave tomorrow to Havre De Grace, MD...I will be staying at Father Martin's Ashley Rehab for 28 days of detoxification of all these pain medications. I feel for myself that I am doing the right thing for ME !! I know this is what I need to do and I have my family's support 100%. I really feel that I had become addicted especially after going to Dr. Statkus and being on all that crazy hard narcotics and opioids.

When I return I will write you a note and let you know how well I am doing, I am mentally ready, but emotionally I am a basket case...being away from my husband and kids, I truly know this is the right thing for me to do at this time.

I wish you every happiness and health in all the world and take care of yourself, as I will do. I am going onto my new journey tomorrow........please pray for me and I will say my prayers for you as well.

I miss your e-mails and chats...you can email me, but I will not be able to answer you until the end of October. So instead of Good-bye, I will say ta-ta for now!

Be well and all the best to a dear sweet friend.

In friendship, love and health,

Karen Carter

Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: