Re: Patch Adams

Mon Sep 24 08:08:05 2001

Kelly,

Thank you so much for sharing your story about this wonderful doctor. I have seen the movie several times & I always cry! If only all Doctors could see the advantage of treating patients the way he does.

He is right....the best way to heal is through positive energy etc etc. None of us know how long we will walk on this earth & I feel we each have an obligation to embrace each day as a new opportunity and we should make the best of what we have and live our lives to the moral code each individual has.

Yesterday I spent the day at my daughters school fete, for the last few days I put in 36 solid hours preparing for the day. Shane & I ran the Treasure Hunt and while both of us aren't enjoying the best of health, we still do what we can when we can. Our reward for long hours preparing our activity? Pure, sheer & delightful happiness! We had kids in the palm of our hands, and we got more enjoyment out of their joy & excitement of participating in the "treasure hunt" than they did!

No matter what hand we are dealt in life, it is up to us as individuals to find the joy.

OK I step down from my soap box now......thnx again Kells for inspiring us with your story.

Love, hugs & cheers Jo

P.S. Kelly, I'm a little green with envy.....YOU were in the same room as Patch Adams!!!! WOW!!!!

At Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Kelly Murray wrote: >
>Citrus Punch
>
>I had the opportunity tonight to go and listen to "Patch Adams" speak. (The Dr. that the movie was made about with Robin Williams). He adds humour and a lot of caring into helping his patients.
>He came as a fund-raiser for the company I work for which is a organization that helps troubled teens,(i.e. abused, abusive, and substance abuse problems)
>Oh how I wish that he was our Dr. One thing about him is that he cares so much for mankind. He is a compassionate man. I was looking around the audience to see if any of the Drs. that treated me so bad when I was trying to get help with the adhesions were there. Unfortunately I didn't see any. He could teach a few medical people as well as mankind how to be more caring. So if any of you ever have the opportunity to see him, please go.
>Do you know he actually volunteered to go to the N.Y. site and boost moral and was denied? Go figure! He also treats people for free in West Virginia. He is also building a 40 bed hospital that will have caves, tree houses, water falls etc. as he thinks healing should be fun.
>One thing he also says is, "TRUE HEALTH is living a vibrant, exuberant life every single day and physicians are here to serve the patient, not themselves and love, family, exercise, humor, community, nutrition and faith are the elixirs of life.
>Okay I will stop now, but I did really enjoy listening to him.
>kel

--
Positive Affirmation

Say this with your hands above your head (victory style) and repeat three times: I'm Alive I'm Alert I'm a LOT of fun!!

That should get you smiling!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: