Re: Help...

Fri Sep 21 22:49:09 2001

Lillian,

Please understand....when I made the comment awhile back to Marianne (she had said that her pain wasn't as bad as other people on the list) I was telling her that on this list we are all equal. Everyone's pain is as bad as the next persons. Maybe not in reality...but what I was trying to say is she shouldn't diminish her pain....her pain, for her, is bad.....that is all that matters.

Now, I am going to tell you something that I hope you won't take personally or get offended. I would like to tell you that probably about 90% of the people on her have been told by there surgeons that their adhesions are the worst they have ever seen. They tell us that noone will be able to operate...yet alone do it laprascopically. Yet, everyone I know that has gone to Dr. Reich has been able to have surgery and not one of them needed a laparotomy. All of them were done via laprascope. I am telling you this to give you hope.

My doctors have all told me that I am the worst case of adhesions they have ever seen....and I believe that. Not one of my surgeries has been done in less than 6 hours......many of them have taken more than 15 hours...all because they have to spend a minimum of 4 hours taking down the adhesions. When I say taking down the adhesions I don't even mean taking the time to do it properly...I mean just ripping them out of my abdomen. But, having sent my records to Dr. Reich,. he still believes that he can successfully remove my adhesions via laprascope even. I just have to take care of my other surgical problems before we can even consider removing the adhesions.

I would never consider having my adhesions dealt with by any other doctor. Doing that would be asking for more adhesions and more pain.

--
Karla

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Msvirgo9459@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 8:03 PM Subject: Re: Help...

Hello, I live in Louisiana and there is a doctor in New Orleans who is very knowledgeable with adhesions and adhesiolosis. He is very familiar with Dr Reich and the procedure he uses. He was recommended to me by Dr Wiseman and I don't regret allowing him to take on my case. Unfortunately my adhesions are so meticulously thick and unusual that I don't think even Dr Korell could handle my case. I have been told this by 3 different doctors who have done surgery on me. And I think that they have been challenged by taking on my case. I'm not trying to say now that my adhesions are worst than anyone elses. I am saying that I know they are very bad. Please I hope no one Gets offended here.Because I recall a while back someone got upset over a similar statement. There is no comparison in the pain but there are thin filmy adhesions and thick bands of adhesions.

My wishes for a cure someday for all of us Lillian

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: