Final Word From Pam in Germany

Tue Sep 18 15:09:10 2001

Hello All, Well tomorrow is the last day here and I am glad to tell you that Pam is doing well. She is walking further each day and the post surgical site pain is getting less and less. Dr. Korell is still very pleased with her progress. He removed the sutures today and is going to see us one final time Wed., just to say good-bye. All of the doctors that helped with Pam came by Dr. Korell's office to tell Pam good health!! We met the Adhesion Society's Patient Advocate for Germany Monday. Her name is Elke and she was on her honeymoon the last two weeks. She and Pam have talked for a few hours Monday and will spend time with each other Wednesday. We have been able to see a little of Germany, but Pam could not go for too long at one time, so we saw a little here, a little there. It was all beautiful. Everyone here has been very forward, coming up and expressing sorrow and outrage at the events of last week. As I said before, most consider it an attack on "us" not just the USA. This has been quite a trip, but I now this was the only hope for Pam to be pain free. We were able to confirm the Intergel is working by her having the "second look" surgery, which showed no reformation of adhesions!! So now it is a matter of time. Neither of us will breath a complete sigh of relief until months have passed. So until then, we will just wait and pray. To all that have helped, prayed, and offered support, we give a large heartfelt thank you. Anytime anyone should ever need our help, just ask. We look forward to being home with all of you soon. Germany is nice, "But there is no place like home!!!!" Love To All and God Bless, Bob and Pam

--
In Loving Friendship,
    Bob Markford

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: