Re: Looking for guideance....

Wed Sep 5 19:03:17 2001

Hi Everyone, Well I guess it is time to ask some questions. Chrissie has been after to me to do this for a long time. Helen D.'s post on Ectoptic pregancies really hithome so here I go. I had an ectoptic preg. in 1987 that was rupturing by the time I got to the hospital. My right tube was removed as a result. I then was lucky enough to have my daughter in 1990. Then another ectoptic on 1992. They used metholtrexate to remove the pregnancy without surgery but since it was a fairly new option, when my hormone count didnt stop increasing they had to do surgery on my left side. That was successful and my tube was saved. Again, another blessing in 1995, my son was born. I have had pain in my right lower abdomen that goes down my right leg to my toes since 1990.At times it is almost crippling. The pain seems to run with my cycle. Now I have alot of lower back pain 3 out of 4 wks every month and the leg pain is much worse.The doctor says that the area of pain appears to be too low to be gynecological. I had an xray and my spine,etc is fine. Big surpirise there! Have tried Viox,Motrin,Naproxon and quite a few other over the counter meds. Nothing works.Had an ultrasound 3 mos ago & saw nothing. The doctor put me back on the pill to see if maybe things would improve. NO lunck after 3 months so I am stopping them. (Chrissie is saying "told you so") I have an apppt. with my OBGYN on 9/20. I guess I am going to ask for the laporoscopy. I know that after 11 yrs of pain I should want a solution but I am scared of the answer I might get.

Any thoughts that you can pass on or questions that I should ask my doctor?

Thanks!!!! Kathy R

PS: Chrissie is well and unfortunately working again. I am keeping my eyes on her for all of you!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: