Re: Gathering my scattered thoughts

Sun Sep 2 22:54:15 2001

Thanks for writing, Nancy! "Rabbit turds" LOL! I think I'd trade! Can you believe we've reached this point in our lives where we have to discuss things like this??? I never would have believed it a few years ago! I wish I had heard all these discussions back in the good old days before my Hysterectomy. It's still amazing how the word "adhesions" never came up. I don't think most people know they exist! You're probably right - as long as things are still moving, I guess that's something, anyway. I think the deformity from my incision made the scar tissue extra thick and pulled everything inward. It would be interesting to compare pictures of scars to see if anyone had similar ones. I had a C-section 18 years ago and it barely left a scar and I had NO problems at all. My Hysterectomy & then the 2nd surgery to insert a drain (the incision was left open due to a Staph infection) made the incision heal freakily and it left a very thick ridge of scar tissue across the incision site and it's all puckered inwards. I think this is what is causing all the trouble. I wish I could just open it up and scrape all that hard tissue out. Maybe we should gross everyone out and send pictures of our scars? Rosie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy E. Hale" <nanny@nbnet.nb.ca> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 10:15 PM Subject: Gathering my scattered thoughts

> ROSIE: Welcome! Personally I haven't noticed any real flattening, but it
> has definitely changed - looks more like rabbit turds all stuck together
> *LOL* I believe that as long as you are still going, that is the
important > thing, not the shape of them. It's when you stop going that you have to
> start worrying. If adhesions are involving your bowel, they are going to
> compress the stool and make it odd-shaped, but as long as the stool is
> still passing, you're safe. Talk to your doctor about your fears before
> you agree to schedule anything. The best possible outcome would be that
> the colonoscopy would find the restriction in the bowel, which might
> motivate the doctor to schedule surgery with a good surgeon who would be
> able to fix things the right way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: