Gathering my scattered thoughts

Sun Sep 2 22:11:13 2001

Happy Labor Day! Remember girls, pack away your whites!!! *grin*

ROSE: I have my first acupuncture treatment on Sept. 17th, so I will try to remember to let you know. Remember - this is one lady who does not like needles so it should be fun!

KATHY: Good luck with your doctor. IMHO, it sounds like either gynecological or adhesions, or nerve damage from your pregnancy in 1990. My left leg bothers me more than the right one does, and when I was carrying my daughter, she was laying on the nerve in the left groin, which caused some permanent damage - that was in 1980. I really don't have any suggestions except to ask your doc's opinion about the possibility of adhesions. And thanks for letting us know about Chrissy - I knew something would come up, I just hope she can handle it OK.

ROSIE: Welcome! Personally I haven't noticed any real flattening, but it has definitely changed - looks more like rabbit turds all stuck together *LOL* I believe that as long as you are still going, that is the important thing, not the shape of them. It's when you stop going that you have to start worrying. If adhesions are involving your bowel, they are going to compress the stool and make it odd-shaped, but as long as the stool is still passing, you're safe. Talk to your doctor about your fears before you agree to schedule anything. The best possible outcome would be that the colonoscopy would find the restriction in the bowel, which might motivate the doctor to schedule surgery with a good surgeon who would be able to fix things the right way. Good luck with whatever you decide.

LESA: I think I'm making up for lost time - I was only sleeping about 4 or 5 hours a night, now I'm doubling that! I've even started setting the alarm clock to get up to take my meds so I don't miss a dose. And I've got to call the doctor on Tuesday to see about re-scheduling the doses - she started me on one tab every 6 hours, but the pain is coming back at about the 4-hour mark. She gave me a limit of 8 tabs a day (2 every 6 hrs.), and if she will let me change the timing to one tab every 4 hours, it should control the pain a little better and still keep me under the 8 tabs a day limit. Right now it's taking about 45 min. to an hour for the drugs to start taking effect, and they start wearing off about 4 hours after I take them, so I'm in pain for about 2-1/2 hours out of a 6-hour stretch. If she will agree with my suggestion, that will drop to being in pain for about 30 minutes or less out of every 4 hours, or less than 3 hours a day versus 10 hours a day. Cross your fingers that she has a good weekend and is in a good mood on Tuesday *grin*

Well girls, it's back to the sewing machine. I have 3 pair of curtains about half done, and I don't know where all of the mending came from, but if I don't do it, no one else will and it will just sit there staring at me...

If I had been born triplets, there would be one to earn a pay check, one to do the "drudge" work, and one to spend all day either on the computer or in the sack with the Other Half - but the world just isn't big enough for three of me!!!!! *grin*

Nancy in NB

ICQ #9683431

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: