Marianne - gratitude - music

Sun Aug 19 23:43:25 2001

Hi Marianne!

Our house is always FULL of music...LOL with three teenage daughters, each with their own stereo in their rooms, I feel like I am switching the dial on a radio as I walk up the hallway! LOL

I have music for serious house cleaning....thats usually The Angels or some heavy metal, I LOVE Creedance Clearwater for their beat & lyrics, I LOVE irish balads and celtic music....and my fondest memories with my teenage friends is singing every word CONSTANTLY of all of Meatloafs songs. :-) it's really funny when one of the girls express their pleasure in a certain song & Shane or I say yea....that was a huge hit back in '72 or '82...whatever. They are sooo shocked that we know the songs! LOL

*giggle* they keep forgetting that their dad's first job when he left school was as a DJ on our local radio station!

I agree Marianne that we should be grateful for the music in our lives, there is plenty to reflect our mood....and plenty to up lift our spirits when it is needed. My 13 year old ask me the other day if one of her sister's & her could sing a song for their father at his 40th birthday party in October. The song they have chosen is Hero - one of Maria Carey's (I don't think I have spelt her name correctly...)songs. It is perfect for where we find ourselves at this point in our lives.

best wishes to you and your spirit Marianne

love, hugs & cheers,

Jo (Australia)

At Sun, 19 Aug 2001, marianne bolding wrote: >
>I have gratitude today for music. It can touch my
>heart and reach a part of my spirit that nothing else
>can reach. My favorite artist is that babe
>"Sting"...I love his lyrics and his rythym. (that
>spelling doesn't look right...rythm?) You can feel
>like doo doo and your favorite song can come on and
>completely make you forget. My husband can yell at me
>and I'll sneak off to a silent place and listen to
>some headphones and I feel better. Music. Where
>would the world be without any form of music? Marianne

--
Positive Affirmation

Say this with your hands above your head (victory style) and repeat three times: I'm Alive I'm Alert I'm a LOT of fun!!

That should get you smiling!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: