barium

Tue Aug 7 21:49:08 2001

Marianne, It is just the barium coming out which is good.....you don't want it to get hard in there! You can mix some mineral oil and milk of magnesia in a small cup (like cough syrup cup) and drink that to help get it out and prevent it from getting hard (that's what I was told to do). JEAN

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you!!!"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "marianne bolding" <ojowojo@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 3:42 PM Subject: I don't know

Well, I had an upper GI done yesterday. Talk about nasty barrium stuff...bluck. Completely dehydrated my body...and today I have a stomach ache along with "pure" white diarrhea. I assume this is the barrium trying to get out of my symptom. Anyone been there? I'm going to reach out for a moment here...Ever since diagnosis and surgeory I seem to be declining into a serious mode of depression. Like "Post surgical trauma/stress" or something. I don't know...it just seems that I've had to change everything in my life. The way I eat, how I exert myself, eating or just being in public due to gas, friends you thought were friends---but they left you standing alone when you needed support (family, too), the clothes I wear (excessive bloating), my job and how they handled the whole situation with me being out of work (moving my office while I was out, losing my personal pictures and properties, threatening to fire me if I didn't recupe quick enough for them-even with doctors documents), my relationship-I was telling my husband last night I need more help and support mentally and physically...he said "Huh?" (He was watching a baseball game)...repeated myself and he said, "It'll get better."...then started yelling at the ump on t.v. He didn't get I needed to talk. When I told him I needed it desperately...he said "I'm just so tired." (He's always tired..or busy...or just selfish). I told him in advance, I wouldn't probably feel well after GI, I wasn't allowed to eat or even drink all day yesterday before the test (and it hit 105 in Tucson), I had only barrium in my stomach and that I needed him to take care of our dinner for the first time in 2 months. He said sure no prob. But, when the day rolled around...he left it in my lap again. I resent the fact I've been so supportive to all these people when they needed it...but, noone can seem to turn the tables back for me. My whole outlook on people and life is changing. I don't know...thanks for letting me share. And to not "thoroughly depress" anyone else out there by my whiny letter...How many cups of coffee can I drink to make my stool turn "not white"? LOL and Don't you hate the pimples that are under the skin...no whitehead so you can't squeeze them...but, they hurt like a you know what! LOL Pain-free days to all. My love, Marianne B.

Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: