Re: Can My Doctor Get I Trouble?

Fri Jul 27 12:54:21 2001

Bonnie,

I would not worry...he knows what he is doing and you are very fortunate that you have a doctor willing to treat your pain. I am also on morphine and when I first began seeing my family doctor he upped it from 15 to 30. Then all of a sudden he dropped it back down to 15 and only twice a day. When I went to see my doctors down in Chicago they doubled it back up to the 30. A week later when I got sick in California the doctors there changed it to three times a day and then doubled it to 60. They also added liquid morphine to be taken every two hours as needed. When I went to see my family doctor this week he said that he will leave me on it until after my surgery next week. He has NO clue! This surgery is only to place skin expanders. And my second surgery will do a urinary revision and repair the hernias I have...but it will not even deal with my adhesions. I am going to have to educate him....but I have time. I will begin to do that when I get home. Anyways, what I am saying is that your doctor knows what he is doing. Doctors are better protected than they used to be. Besides, the pharmacist was probably suspecting you of being addicted more than anything. Next time he or she questions things why don't you suggest that if they have a problem with the prescription they should call your doctor.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie L." <babyblu030@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 12:28 PM Subject: Can My Doctor Get I Trouble?

> I recently was uped on my Morphine I take 60mg in the morning and 90mg > at night. I went to fill the 30mg script and the phamacist looked atme > strangly and said " Your already takeing 60mg why do you have this > script" I told her why, she looked very suspicious. I DO NOT want my > Doctor getting in trouble with the medical board. I've heardof Doc's > who treat chronic pain lose their license because of pain prescriptions. > How can a doc feel comfortable if a neighborhood pharmacist questions > his practice? >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: