I Finally Got An Authorization But...

Thu Jul 26 23:27:57 2001

I am so frustrated at this moment I could scream! My GP had sent a request for me to see a new pain management doctor. I didn't like the first one I went to because he put me on morphine and when I got sick from it he gave me duragesic patches, which were worse. All I wanted was something a little better than vicodin. Last week I asked for your help regarding oxycontin and was planning on asking the new pain doc to let me try it. Well, I got the authorization today and it was for the same pain doctor, they are denying me authorization to go to the new guy. I am furious! Tomorrow I plan on calling them to see what I can do to change their minds. I cannot believe insurance companies, HMO's and the like, they make absolutely no sense to me.

Well, I had to get that off my chest, screaming probably would of made me feel better! I hope you all have a wonderfully pain free day. Oh, by the way, I may be off the computer for a few days, this saturday is my birthday (41!!) and my husband is taking me to the beach for the weekend.

Take care all. With love, Lesa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: