Re: Post laparotomy, pain/lump under incision HELP

Thu Jul 26 22:15:51 2001

Tina, I had a large suture knot inside my hip from my hip replacement which had caused me pain and prevented me from laying on that hip. The surgeon said he thought it bothered me because I am thin?! No-one else ever heard of this, including other hip surgeons. He went back in and removed it a year later and then I could lay on that side for the first time. I just had surgeries last year on the same hip and they didn't know what I was talking about when I told them about it. I can lay on that hip since those surgeries.

I never heard of this with abdominal surgery and I have also had 7 abdominal surgeries. I would have tests done to rule out hernias. It probably also could be adhesions....I don't know about the lump but I always get pulling from my adhesions when they attach to things. I also once had a Neuroma lump from one of my abdominal surgeries and after a few months of it hurting they injected it and I haven't have problems since.

JEAN

Quote of the week: "Learn from the mistakes of others........ You can't live long enough to make them all yourself"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Tina " <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 10:18 PM Subject: Post laparotomy, pain/lump under incision HELP

I had a laparotomy 5 weeks ago, to remove a LARGE 8cm endometrioma. I have endometriosis. The doctor said it looked like someone poured glue inside me. The doctor used a subcutaneous stitch to close me.

MY QUESTION: I have a painful pulling, tight lump under my incision, on my right side. It restricts my movement, I can't even sit or stand straight. It feels like a tennis ball sized lump. The doctor said it's from the "anchoring" suture of the fascia. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF SUCH A THING? I went in (due to the pain) and one of her fellow partners mentioned it could be a hernia, but unlikely.

Any advice, comments, or links you have are greatly appreciated.

My sore belly and I thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: