Re: To operate or not??

Wed Jul 25 20:37:01 2001

Al...Brain over-load, huh?...or is it a "bran" over load....fiber works for me if I get at least 17gms. a day...but, I stay away from milk. I eat brown rice, fish, potatoes w/skins, etc...but, interesting enough, is that most on this site are on a low-fiber diet. Have you tried less fiber intake along w/a fiber supplement? Unfortunately...it's all playing with the foods we eat, having surgeory, or choosing pain management options. It "is" a never-ending rollercoaster...you are right. Just make sure of your surgeon if you are going through surgeory. How many has he/she performed...sucess rate...etc...? This would ease my worries at least a little. I'm sorry for the tough decision you have to make. There are few occasions (and I mean very few) where GI tests can show problems...did you do this route first? If it were me...I would opt for this first. I ask only because you said "probably tests that will show nothing"...it's less invasive and better to rule out this first. Diverticulitis, appendicitis, ulcers, peritonitis, etc...these can cause similiar symptoms. To be honest with you...that's where I am starting first, even though I've recently had an adhesion removed...I don't want to assume it's back without knowing for sure. If all the tests are negative...then I'll take it from there. Just my thoughts...hope it helps. Love, Marianne Feel better soon. --- al <alison184@ozemail.com.au> wrote: > I realise that no-one can answer this question
> really.I am just very
> confused and it seems the more info i get the more
> confused i get. I
> have an appointment with the surgeon on the 8th of
> August. I can either
> go on the never ending roller coaster of tests that
> will probably show
> nothing or opt for another laparoscopy knowing that
> the more surgery i
> have the more adhesions i could get.
>
> It all started with what was supposed to be a