Introduction to the PC -- will help you learn more about your Personal Computer

Sun Jul 8 16:56:16 2001

Do you want to learn more about your PC? I have always wondered what is involved in order to use the WordPad Program. This afternoon I actually learned how to open the WordPad Program and then created a document by reading and following the instructions in Topics 2 and 3.

This information is easy to understand and easy to do. I encourage you to go to the following website:

http://einstein.cs.uri.edu/tutorials/csc101/pc/intro/index.html

[]]] INTRODUCTION to the PC

This tutorial is copyrighted by the Department of Computer Science at The University of Rhode Island. It may be freely copied and used providing that acknowledgement is given to the URI Dept. of Computer Science and that it is not used for profit. Questions should be sent to Dr. Vic Fay-Wolfe (wolfe@cs.uri.edu).

Welcome, this tutorial will teach you about the Windows95 platform. This tutorial will also teach you the basics of the application program WordPad.

To use this tutorial, you may click on each underlined topic, link, with your mouse. You can go topic by topic, or go directly to the topic about which you want to learn about.

Topic 1: What is Windows95?

Topic 2: How to Open the WordPad Program

Topic 3: Creating a Document Using WordPad

Topic 4: Saving a Document in WordPad

Topic 5: Copying and Pasting in WordPad

Topic 6: Save Versus SaveAs

Topic 7: Printing a Document and Quitting an Application

Topic 8: Creating Folders

Topic 9: Copying Files

Topic 10: Using the Recycle Bin

Topic 11: Making Backup Disks and Shutting Down

Enter keywords: