Re: Karla- pockets of fluid???whats wrong with me?

Mon Jun 25 17:40:55 2001

Colette,

My pockets of fluid came from the drainage of my surgical sites. I would get home from the hospital and within a few days would be running a high temp. When I would go back down to the hospital inevitably they would find a pocket of fluid that they needed to drain. Sometimes the fluid showed signs of infection other times not. The very first time this happened they had no clue what was going on. But I was shipped via ambulance from our local hospital to the hospital in Milwaukee where the doctor, when he saw me literally ripped my incision open and found a very large pocket of fluid. They drained it, but then the next day when they did a ct scan they found a huge pocket. I don't know if undetected it would remain in the abdomen or if it would dissolve. Question for the experts I guess.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Colette " <anonymous@medispecialty.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 5:12 PM Subject: Karla- pockets of fluid???whats wrong with me?

> I'v been reading the board and you said something interesting about > pockets of fluid! Back in Oct.2000 i had a lap done and had my tubes > tied at that time the gyn removed some fluid in pelvic cavity no idea > where that came from! Then when i had my hysterectomy in Dec.2000 I had > to stay an extra day cause i was on antibotics cause i had an infection > somewhere they had no idea where> i went in for surgery on a friday and > released on Mon. then a week later back ibn the ER with a fever and a > returning infection again no idea where just back to antibiotics and now > 7 months later i still run a fever every now and then and feel like crap > i know i have adhesions! Now that you mentioned it I wonder if i have > fluid in there also again/ I'm so bloated its bad and i have a daily bm > sometimes up to 4 times a day even if i go real good the first time go > figure! I'm just waiting for the new insurance to kick in in aug if i > can make it that long! I'm getting really depressed lately its getting > bad for me i just don't what to do right now i'm stuck! I swear > everytime i eat no matter what it is i'm on the potty in pain 45 min > later and i know it does'nt get down to the colon that fast, so i'm > wondering if its also my upper bowel? God only knows how i get through > each day! There are days i just want to end it all but by the grace of > god i keep going! Basically i'm not eating very much cause it sends me > to the moon in pain so i hate to eat! Well thanks for listening to me > whine! > Love ya Colette >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: