Re: so frustrated !!!I can't live like this!!!

Tue Jun 19 10:18:04 2001

Hi Colette:

Let me ask you a question: When you feel like you need to have a bowel movement, do your bowels move or not? The reason I ask is, I was told that there is significant swelling of the colon and small bowel in advanced or severe adhesive disorders and the pressure from the swelling, when even a small bit of stool passes through can give the sensation of being filled with BM and unable to pass it.

ie: cramping, pain, a bloated feeling, .........all the usual symptoms of having to take a healthy dump.(sorry) Except, there isn't much in there to expel.

If you are not eating regularly or much at a time, you aren't going to have much to expel. I KNOW exactly how your belly feels, and I can describe it this way: It's like you feel blocked up, filled up with stool and yet nothing moves through of any significance.

Again, the swelling is one of the unfortunate results of long term adhesions and this swelling and pressure can make you feel like you always have to go. Especially if the swelling is near the nerve endings in the rectum where most people get that urgent sensation to move their bowels.

I suggest you try to eat small meals, several times a day. Fruits, vegetables, anything that will move easily through. And please catch me up on some of your symptoms and what doctors have said since I can't read back through the message board right now.

e-mail me @ gingin99@home.com

lovingly

ginny

At Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Colette wrote: >
>Ok i haven't posted cause of my dumb potty problems! I really am getting
>so depressed! My husband got his other job thank god but insurance
>does'nt start until aug! I spend most of my day on the toilet or in
>pain! I feel for each and everyone of you! And by the time i feel any
>relief its time to go to bed and start all over again!
>Today i woke up at 6 am feeling the need to have a bm! I've totally cut
>out eating, i do drink water sometimes juice soda ect...OHHH i did eat
>yesterday around noon time but now i'm paying for it big time
>ouch!!!!!!Everytime i try to eat i pay for it!! I try to act all happy
>around my family but that is diminishing quickly
>I guess we all want this awfull thing to go away!!! I just don't know if
>i can do this much longer!!Thank you for letting me vent!
> Hope you all have a wonderful painfree day!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: