Ginny - Adhesions on the bladder

Wed Jun 13 21:38:55 2001

At Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Ginny Halpern wrote: >
>I wonder if my adhesions have banded around my bladder and are squeezing
>it so that I have less capacity and more pressure when there is urine in
>there.

Hi Ginny,

I have adhesions all over my bladder, and yes it has caused all sorts of problems for me.

My urologist explained that our bladders are like a balloon, and expand as more urine collects. When adhesions cover the bladder, it restricts that expantion, and means we have to empty more frequently.

My bladder & uterus were fused together with adhesions and both stuck to my abdominal wall. My problems started after my hystorectomy when these adhesions were divided, my ovaries then became stuck to my bladder, vagina, bowel & abdominal wall. I had surgery 2 months ago to remove my ovaries and divide some of the adhesions.

I still need to empty up to 6 times at night, depending on the level of pain I have etc. I have stopped drinking caffeine ie: coke, coffee, tea etc because they are diuretics (sorry about the spelling...not sure if that's right).

I had my bladder stretched last year and the capacity was measured. After the stretch it held 300mls, a normal female bladder should hold at least 1 litre.

I was also told at a pelvic floor clinic that because of the chronic pain my body has endured, my pelvic floor muscles were very strong, too strong, and this too can stimulate the bladder to empty. I have to learn some relaxation excersises :-) once I have tried them I'll let you know! LOL

Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions :-) wallamara@hotmail.com

cheers, love & hugs Jo

Just re-reading your message, have you considered that the four pound mass you refer too, is possibly pressing on your bladder? just a thought....

--
Words that I live by:
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: