Re: embarrassing problem

Wed Jun 13 21:34:21 2001

Dear Ginny,

Glad that I could be of some help...in answer to your question about adhesions on the bladder, yes I have had adhesions removed from my bladder 3 times, as well as a bladder stretch and I also had my bladder prolaspe that was corrected a couple of years ago. The bladder transsection operation is done endoscopoly (sp) so they don't open you up at all, which is great and they actually cut around the inside of the bladder to kill the nerve endings to stop it from spasming, they then insert a catheter for about 3 days and then remove the catheter and if all has gone well you should be able to pee on your own. The reason it's so painful is that the bladder is all muscle so when you pee it is contracting and this is what hurts, my pain from the operation lasted about 6 weeks, it's been 3 months since I had it done and I don't feel a thing anymore. Because they went in vaginally they didn't go near any adhesions, they would have to open you up for that and I only had adhesions done 3 months before I had the bladder op done. Hope all goes well for you Ginny and you find the right solution to your problem. Love Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: