Re: adoption - foster care - Chrissie - question to Robin ')

Wed Jun 13 20:32:15 2001

Several months ago, I was talking to a friend of mine here that is a nurse in the nursery department. I had told her about wanting to be emergency foster home. She said she would like to see a family foster home. Possibly for new mothers & their babies. Especially for single moms. Something like going to stay with "Grandma" for the first 2 weeks home with the baby. Just to have a helping hand & a older person with life experience to help out while the new mom is getting the hang of things. You might want to see if there is something like that in your town or find out if something like that could be set up. I am not sure what would need to be the first steps in getting something like this started, but it would be a diversion from the pain & frustration that is caused by ARD. I hope this might give someone an idea. Robin

Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Kelly Murray wrote: >
>Chrissie,
>I forgot to add that when I was growing up, we had 3 foster children. I think it was very rewarding for my parents. (Of course, I got a little jealous at times for the attention they got.)
>One of my sister-n-laws also grew up in the foster system and she is a great person. She is a wonderful mother. So, this could be very rewarding for you. If you checked into this and would want to try it, maybe you could take your hubby to a meeting with the agency and discuss it. He may change his mind.
> Probably the hardest part is that when they go back into their homes, you have to learn to let go.
>Kel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: