Re: anxiety attacks for Collette

Tue Jun 12 22:41:40 2001

Dear Collette,

Hi, I suffered too from anxiety attacks and I know what you are going through. Mine also started after I had my hysto and they then progressed to full blown panic attacks. When I went to my GP he asked lots of questions about how I was feeling and if anything was wrong in my life, I was in a lot of pain from adhesions at the time, but apart from that there seemed to be no other cause that we could put these attacks down too. Anyway I did some research and went back to my GP and asked if he could check my hormone levels and when the tests came back it was revealed that I wasn't producing enough estrogen, even though I still had my ovaries at the time. I was put onto anti depressants and estrogen and it made a huge difference to my anxiety. I am now off the anti depressants and have been for about 5 months, the hormones I still need as I had my ovaries removed last year, but apparently if your hormone levels are low, it can have a huge impact on your mental health, I know that even now if I don't take my estorgen for 4 or 5 days I start to feel anxious and then I remember..oops haven't taken my hormones, and once I remember to take them on a regular basis the anxiety goes. Hang in there Collete and if you haven't had your hormone levels checked, have a think about going and having it done, it may be the cause.... Love Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: