Re: ADHESIONS digest 1182

Tue Jun 12 22:23:35 2001

Nanc,

Please do not allow this doctor the opportunity to go in unless you are sure he knows what he is doing. I know that you are looking for pain relief, but if it is not done correctly you will only end up worse off. The more we have surgery...even laproscopic...the worse off it gets. I have been thru 26 surgeries since 1991 and not counting the ones prior. I am scheduled to have surgery...not related to the adhesions directly....and I don't think my surgeons have a clue just how extensive my adhesions are. They have planned a four hour surgery to place my skin expanders....unless they go no where near the abdomen...which I can't see...they have never gotten into my abdomen in less than four hours. The least of my surgeries was eight hours long...the most 17. That is one thing I will have to question when I go down there on the 3rd.

I don't want anyone to get into the situation I am in. I know you have pain and want to take care of it...but I don't want you to end up worse off than you are now. Please research things. Find a doctor who knows what he is doing and uses the proper technique. You will find many doctors who say that they can take care of adhesions when in reality there are only a few in the world that are having any type of success.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: Tooolgirll@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 8:06 PM Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1182

> just wanted you all to no that i have been reading digest regularly and learn > alot from it.. i am dealing with my adhesions well sorta kinda dealing with > them.. got a new doc but he seems to be the same as old doc... nothing he can > do except go in there and try to relieve some of my pain.... at least he > recognizes that i have pain.. but other than that nothing he can do... i am > on paxil and viox prn for the most part i determine how i need to take it as > these doctors do not know how i feel at all.. i am still working and doing my > work around the house but boy at times it is hard while i still maintain a > full time job.. some days i just want to quit it all and go to sleep and > never wake up... but i know in my heart that will not happen untill my time > has come so i go on and on and on and on.. i DO NOT LET THIS PAIN OF MINE GET > THE BEST OF ME EVER... I SUFFER DAILY WITH IT just because i work daily does > not mean that i am in any less pain than others i just push myself to the > limit.. i hope that all of you do too... glad to be on here once again nanc > in new hampshire >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: