Re: Do I have adhesions, does it sound familiar??

Tue Jun 12 12:22:48 2001

Al, Metamucil and fiber made my problems MUCH worse instead of better....eat a BLAND diet without or with low roughage instead and lots of water.

I had partial blockages and they NEVER showed on the tests including Colonoscopy. When the did exploratory surgery is when they saw the partial obstruction due to bowel adhesions. I don't know why they don't show on tests but most of the time the partial obstructions don't. I always had unbearable pain when they did the Colonoscopies and after I found out I had partial obstructions I knew why.

Adhesions might stretch, I don't know, but IF they stretch it doesn't change the fact that they are stretching (tugging & pulling) the possible organs that are adhered together which HURTS. JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "al" <alison184@ozemail.com.au> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:00 PM Subject: Do I have adhesions, does it sound familiar??

I had a laprascopicaly assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Then two vaginal heamatomas drained. Then my small intestine dropped down and adhered to the vaginal vault, this was cut and the small intestine relocated and the colon put in its place. I have since had a subacute bowel obstruction, this was very painful. The doctors were reluctant to 'go in' again, a colonoscopy was done this found no problem in colon.

This has all happened in the last two months. I feel like i have been thrown into something i know nothing about. My theory is that a problem with colon wouldn't have shown as the bowel had been prepared and it was empty, my problem occurs when it is full. The pain in my lower back and front is great. It's as if someone has sewn my bowel to the abdominal lining, it pulls. I can feel bowel movements, it hurts to sleep on my side, I can't walk around the block with out pain. Doctors told me to drink "Metamusil" three times a day, eat lots of fibre.

When does the pain end? Do adhesions stretch, as this is what i have been told? Should i ask for a second oppinion? HELP

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: