Re: nuerontin

Thu May 24 08:51:20 2001

Cheryl,

I am also on MS Contin. I feel that the combination works fairly well unless it is an extremely bad day...then nothing works. I had been on neurontin several times before with NO results, but the dosages were minimal at best. I was very reluctant to try it again, but after the pharmacist spoke with me I felt I should give it another chance. He was also the one that spoke with my doctor about increasing the ms contin so that I could live comfortably. He was an absolute saint as far as I am concerned.

The reason why I asked you where in Michigan you were from is that I knew another Cheryl Cole that lived in Menominee (that is in the U.P.). Her daughter and mine had gone to preschool together years ago...she was a wonderful woman. I don' t know what became of her.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Cheryl Cole" <ccryder752@aol.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 6:32 AM Subject: Re: nuerontin

> At Wed, 23 May 2001, Karla wrote: > > > >Cheryl, > > > >OOPS! Forgot to give the rest of my message. Yes you can take up to 4000 > >mg of Neurontin per day. I take 900 mg 3xs a day and will probably have to > >be upped on Friday. I am finding that if they give you the larger doses it > >does start to help with the pain. It took the hospital pharmacist getting > >on my old doctor's case about my uncontrolled pain for them to up the > >dosage. > Karla, Thanks for the info. It just seemed strange to me if you can go > up to > such a big dose why didn't he start out with a larger dose. 4000mg just > sounded like a lot. I sure hope it starts working soon. Right now the > lor-tab takes the edge off the pain if I take enough of them, but thats > not good. I live in Clarkston, Michigan. It is between Flint and > Detroit. Our big attraction is Pine Knob Music Theater.(now called DTE > Music Theater) I have been on sick leave from work for 1 year. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: