Re: Extending a hand....or an email address

Tue May 22 09:20:03 2001

Mary,

That was so wonderfully put. I have made such a great bunch of friends here. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but gosh.....I have to admit I am jealous (laughing here). I sure could use a good laugh right about now.....eh Chrissy?

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Wade" <acbcsrt@kansas.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 8:35 AM Subject: Extending a hand....or an email address

> Much of the power for good that abides in this site, is there because > many take the risk of posting our personal email addresses on line so > that others can contact us one- on-one. Just like a handshake and a > square look in the eyes, there is a tad of vulnerability that we accept > to get at the rewards that come from the flip side of the vulnerabilty > coin. > > My email address attached to my name raises my own responsibility for > those things I post. Why take this risk? Because this is very serious > business that we have here. To move this forward, there have to be > people acting on our issues in real life. Those people can't really > "find" each other without the velcro point which is our personal email > address. > > There may be reasons I do not understand for posting anonymously. > Whatever the reason, some of the power of the site is lost to those who > do not post their email addresses. Some of the most helpful and caring > comments are not those that we would feel free to post on the general > board. What flows to me via my personal email address that never gets > posted on the board? The stuff that others design just for me. It's > somber advice, laughter, gratitude, scoldings, challenges to do better, > silliness, disagreements, and prayers. For example, it's having to > opportunity to know that right now, Chrissy is sitting in NH with orange > striped skin because she did a BAD job of applying indoor tanning > solution. And what do those stripes have to do with ANYTHING? Well, > Chrissy knew that it would make me laugh. And laughter helps. And so > she emailed it to me. Oh my, is that beginning to sound like real > friendship and real life? > > Extending your email address is the best that cyber space offers to > replace the extension of the hand and the square look in the eyes. The > hugs and the tears are to follow. > > -- > Mary Wade >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: