Re: Extending a hand....or an email address

Tue May 22 10:09:13 2001

Dear Mary Wade,

Beautifully put, my friend. I have been reflecting alot lately about my experiences and life-changing events of the IAS site. This site and the friendships I have formed my life, have saved my life...that is no small thing, and I am forever grateful to all of you.

I remember the first day I posted. I was so desperate, alone and hopeless...I thought I was doomed for a life of pain, surgery every year, and mushy to liquid food. I was so amazed that I found this site, I remember thinking, "finally, I've found home!"...it was the first ounce of excitement and hope I'd had in eons.

I posted my cry for help on the board, then immediately after e-mailed David Wiseman. I then proceded to read the stories on the quilt...out of pure luck and coincidence, I wrote to Bev D. after seeing her name on the Quilt.

For several hours I had no response....my eyes were glued to the screen in waiting. I knew I was in the right place, I just had to be patient. Eventually, I left for work, when I returned, I had responses from David Wiseman, Bev., Jackie B. in England, Trace in Australia and a couple others.

When someone posted on the board I often wanted to help, but felt inadequate or that I had little to offer. I was also shy at first to respond publicly what were my private feelings, so I would often e-mail them directly. I've also posted on the board and had others offer suport privately probably for similar reasons...it can be a little safer, and more intimate.

I hope that those of you who are posting anonymously will realize that you may miss responses because of this, and would perhaps receive more "personalized" support if we had an e-mail address in which to reach you privately.

Warmest wishes to you all for a good day.

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: