Re: My surgery was May8

Sun May 20 22:53:38 2001

Chris, Wow....that was along surgery for them to miss the other ovary remnant. What is post-op Ileus and did they explain it to you and why you would have this? Did you have your surgery laparoscopically or open method laparotomy? Where did you have your surgery? Did they use an adhesion barrier? I am assuming since it was such a long surgery you also had adhesions lysed? JEAN

Thought for the day: "Actions speak louder than Words"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "chris" <mclainc@uswest.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 10:44 AM Subject: My surgery was May8

Hello Everyone, I had surgery May8,the surgery was about 7 hours.The doctors got the ovarian remnant, but it was the wrong piece,(I thought I only had a piece on the left)the doctors removed the piece on the right side....and that news was really hard for me to except...A few days after surgery the doctors and myself started to notice that my bowel was not working well, so I was kept on IV fluids and could have nothing by mouth, so almost a week after surgery I had x-rays and CT scan done and I was told I have a postoperative Ileus, I have had so much pain and I look like I am 6 months pregnant....Ten days after surgery the doctors told me that there is nothing more that they can do and we decided it was time for me to go home...My bowel is still not working, I am on clear liquid at home, I have to see the doctor daily to make sure my bowels are not getting worse......I knew the risk but because I have been lucky durning the other surgeries,I just hoped I would not have problems with my bowels(this has been my biggest fear with surgery). I still have alot of pain and recovery is going to be long...I just had a surgery Dec8,2000...Thanks for all the support I have recieved, and thanks for listening it is nice to be able to write and know someone understands.....

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: