Re: Joy-Thanks

Sat May 12 13:32:02 2001

Joy, I will tell you the only things that help my pain to be bearable:

1. Walk with a crutch or crutches to take weight off. 2. Do as little walking as possible even with the crutch (because for some reason the up-right position or pull makes it much worse). 3. Only sit on firm surfaces, but not rock hard (any pressure or pushing upward of my hip from soft pillows or curved chairs makes it worse). 4. HEATING PAD!! (on butt and lower back helps tremendously). I even sleep on a full-body one (bed warmer) 5. Pain Pills "if" you can take them (I cannot, due to aggravating my severe constipation of many many years) I give in to them occasionally if nothing else helps and am freaking out in pain. 6. Loose fitting waist-bands (even normal elastic makes my butt and back worse now, loosened allot of them and wear draw-string when possible). 7. Don't bend and twist if at all possible.

Basically I sit all the time or lay. I have been on a cane for the past week but will have to go back to a crutch now because I have made the pain totally uncontrollable again!! I think I was disillusioned after my previous surgery and due to less bending and the Full Moon had temporarily given me some relief!

My back, butt, groin and hip pain also definitely over-ride any other pains I might have!! THIS definitely can't handle but have been forced to live this way for the past 2-1/2 years now. I had 2 revisions of my hip replacement, an abscess removed and 1 abdominal adhesion surgery in the past year with no success of helping my pain.

It was soo much easier the last time it happened in 1989, hopefully yours will be simpler too since you didn't have a hip problem or accident of any kind. I have had a terrible day yesterday and today and am still trying to get it under control and the only thing is laying on the heating pad which I can't do forever, so pills are entering my mind which I really hate to do and create another problem.

Good Luck and keep me informed! Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Joy" <bonedigr@one.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 1:40 PM Subject: Thanks

Jean, Thank you so much for your reply, I was beginning to wonder if I should even let the surgeon know about this pain, I have so many painful places. I have to say that my leg,back, hip pain has made the others hurt less though, I don't think I like this at all.I hope you find answers soon to your pain. Thanks, Joy

--
Joy Schmidt Honeycutt
List Manager for
Grant County Kentucky, Gallatin County Kentucky,
Jump Family Mail List, Eaglen Family Mail List, Lacey Family Mail List,
 Rankin Family Mail List

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: