Re: for Kath from UKAS from Jean

Sat May 5 20:49:39 2001

Kath, In the US they send you home really fast now-a-days.....I think it has to do with insurance or something. Things you use to stay in the hospital with for 5 days before are in and out or 1 or 2 days now! They don't kick you out, but make a point of telling you if you want you can go!

If I would have had a big incision I don't think I could have gone home this soon, NEVER did before......probably in 2 days (haha). I just had surgery yesterday at 2:00PM and went to recovery at 3:30 and came home at 9:00PM! Nurses didn't even get to know me in my room and I was leaving. They use to take out stitches before you went home...not any more!!

I had it laproscopically this time and he originally told me probably 2 days but changed it. This is new to me because I never had laproscopy before. Allot of people there went home right away.....nurse said they don't like to keep them the week-end! Sometimes I think it is dangerous to send people home that fast cause if you were to have complications or infection etc. it will happen at home now instead of in a hospital like before.....but then again the hospitals are under-staffed and not too safe anymore!! We have a shortage of nurses in the US! Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

>----- Original Message -----
From: "kate findlay" <kate@klfindlay.fsnet.co.uk> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 9:25 PM Subject: Re: from Jean for Kath from UKAS

Hi Jean, Thanks for the info, did you say that you had surgery and you were home a few hrs later. Is this normal in the US.

In Friendship Katherine Findlay United Kingdom Adhesion Society mailto:kath.findlay@adhesions.org.uk http://www.adhesions.org.uk

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: