Re: Best Wishes for Jean Long's surgery today

Fri May 4 22:17:12 2001

Thank-you Kel, Helen, Chrissie, Bev, Janet & Jenny for thinking of me and your good wishes!

I am home from the hospital, day of surgery, that's a first for me!! The surgeon said it was up to me if I wanted to go home or stay, which also surprised me.

I didn't have the surgery until 2:00PM Friday, April 5 and went to recovery at 3:30PM and in my room at 5:00PM. I got home at 9:00PM.

The surgeon was SUCCESSFUL in doing the surgery laproscopically!!.....I was in shock since I was expecting a big incision again! This is the first time I had it done laproscopically.

He said I was loaded with adhesions on both sides but the "right side" was much worse than the left, although all my pain was on my left side!! I have 3 holes and the one is still bleeding which they said is normal for the first day or two. My "white" shorts now have blood on them. I don't want to aggravate it by walking too much and causing it to bleed more.

I didn't get allot of details of the surgery but I did ask if they were on my bowels again and he said yes. He said my abdomen should be much better now but he has doubts about my hip & leg since they weren't as bad on that side as the other side. I am very curious about the leg so I am trying to walk more to see if it gets bad or if it is better. I am a bit nauseous and weak so I don't know how much activity I will handle right away though.

They did give me a pain pill so I am not sure how I feel as far as old pains yet. I do feel like someone was punching me in the belly but I'm sure that is normal since I JUST had surgery hours ago.

At first I was feeling kinda icky and was going to stay, but after my husband got me something to eat and drink I started feeling human again so I decide to leave. I was mistaken when I said the OR was over-booked, it was the lack of beds....so I freed one up for them.

My husband already yelled at me for trying to do things as soon as I got home....guess I better stop or he will tie me down! I already had a business call......guess if I am going to recuperate this time I better take the week off!

Sorry if anyone left a voice mail on the cell phone....my husband didn't know how to work the voice mail and we didn't realize you couldn't use the cell phone in the hospital.

I will be requesting my OR Report. I will be seeing him in the next week or two.

I will update once I really know how I feel.

Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Murray To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 5:21 PM Subject: Re: Best Wishes for Jean Long's surgery today

Jean, I will send angels your way! Kel Janet wrote:

Dear all, Jean Long will be having her surgery at 1pm

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: