Re: chronic pelvic pain

Wed May 2 10:44:28 2001

Hi Dawn, Welcome to the IAS. I know that you will find all of the information, love, and support you need to answer all of you questions. We all share the same experiences so you are not alone!

Infact, I too have had a very bad experience with a doctor. I was 24 and going through a terribly painful divorce that I did not want. I was so naive and vulnerable and an emotional wreck. I was working at our little local hospital at the time as the Activity Director for the Skilled Nursing Unit. This doctor was from India and thought he was "God's Gift" to womankind. He latched on to me like flys on honey. He would come to our floor and with the nurses standing just 3 feet away, he would whisper the most vulgar, sexually explicit, disgusting things and tell me what all he wanted to "Do to me". I would just stand there frozen, screaming in my head for him to stop. When I would get on the elevator, I would pray for the doors to quickly close, but inevitably he would appear out of nowhere and hop on with me and literally corner me and start his b.s. again until someone else would get on too. I never knew what to do. I nevr accepted his advances but would stand there and not say a word. I am sure this only fed his ego and sent him on a power trip. The sad part is, the nurses would see him harrass me and say nothing. At the time, I was thin and young and pretty. (how I long for those days again!) When the nurses just turned their heads, this made me feel even worse, like I had done something to invite this or bring it on myself. I knew if it came down to it, it would be his word against mine. Afterall, he was a DOCTOR and I was a nobody. I was a single mother and needed that job to support my son, so I kept my mouth shut. Even though I was not physically raped, I do believe that I was emotinally and mentally raped. I endured that kind of harrassment for 2 years. I finally left to go work somewhere else. Unfortunately, his kids attend the same Catholic high school as my son, so I have to seem him sometimes. He just smiles and gives me this look as if to remind me that he got away with something. Sometimes when I reflect back on the whole nightmar e, I wonder if I wasn't overreacting. Then my good sense knocks me upside the head and tells me to quit minimizng the trauma that I indeed did endure. Dawn, there are perverts in every profession. Men who use their "title" to prey on vulnerable women. Fortunately, they are in the minority. It's very hard for me, but I know that I cannot fault all doctors for this one petafile (sp) of a doctor. I am sure I was not his only victim. Please try to reach down inside to find the strength that the Good Lord gave you and use it to overcome your very justified fears. I am in no way taking away the severity of what this A.H. did to you. I hope he rots in you know where.( and he will! wouldn't you love to throw another log on that fire?!) Just remember that there are many, many more good, compassionate, caring docs out there. Don't make them all suffer for his gross ignorance. He will get what he deserves! You know, I have never told anyone my story. Wow! That felt good! See, you are never alone and only a few clicks away!. Hope you are having a pain free day!! E-mail me anytime at lisap@jcn1.com Much Love! Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: