Re: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

Mon Apr 16 18:19:34 2001

because the doctor's trainee burned a hole in my intestines. It was also a form of surgery that I in particular cannot have.

Hang in there. Can you go to a different emergency room? One where you have never been seen...maybe don't mention adhesions right away but let them figure out what is wrong with you? I don't know...it can be so hard when you have adhesions. It can also be very scary. I've been told, but maybe someone else here would no for sure, that as long as something is getting through however small, that it is not considered a complete blockage so you're safe. I hope someone will correct me. I know being all stuffed up can cause a lot of pain. I think with an obstruction there is usually vomitting but again I'm not positive. My doc always told me, you'll know. And if you have extreme pain, go have it checked out to be on the safe side. Basically xrays are very helpful with this sort of thing.

Hang in there. Many folks here have been there too. I hope your hubby is being supportive of you as well. Sometimes soaking in a warm bath can help relax the belly too. There really is hope and help. It's sometimes hard finding it though. *hugs*

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: