Re: FOR MILLIE (colostomiy)

Sat Apr 21 17:30:24 2001

Dear Millie, Hi, I haven't spoken to you in awhile. But I do send good thoughts your way. During my last surgery I shared a room with a woman who needed a colostomy. She was grateful for being alive, apparently she had almost died. I didn't get to see her for a few days what with the curtains and both of our conditions, but I heard her talk to her family and doctors and what a tough old gal. They tried to make her walk the second day and she told the nurse off and refused. I don't know her age but I do know that she had every intention of moving on with life and the bag was going to be a minor inconvenience. Now, probably she was scared too and in pain, though they had to push the pain meds on her (not me,boy). Anyway, we were both eventually discharged and I saw her on the street downtown not too long ago and she was fine. Moving right along. I'm sure you'll need our support and everyone else's too, but people have them and recover and live to laugh again. Please don't take this as condescending. It's the furtherest thing from my mind. I'd be upset too I'm always terrified before a surgery. But it can turn out okay, and you'll hopefully feel better afterwords. All my prayers and best wishes, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: