YOUR STORIES ARE WANTED...ON OR BEFORE APRIL 20th ! ! ! !

Mon Apr 16 00:35:17 2001

Bev will be going to Washington, D.C. later this month. She has made appointments to talk with congressmen from her state ( Wisconsin ); and she has high hopes to be able to talk to the SURGEON GENERAL, as well as two U.S. Senators, about the plight of both men and women, who suffer from adhesion-related disorder ( ARD ).

Bev wants to be able to present YOUR STORIES to these government officials in an attempt to get recognition for this devastating medical condition. She wants you to " TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS! " Be sure to include THE COMPLETE STORY...including the fustration, the anger, the fear, the depression, and the suicidal thoughts that result from hopelessness. In other words, include the many emotions you have faced as a result of: being unable to find a doctor who can or will help you...being unable to find a doctor who agrees that adhesions can cause debilitating pain...being unable to receive adequate pain medication...having undergone surgery after surgery only to find that the adhesions have become worse instead of better and are now causing you increased pain. Basically, how your quality of life has been stripped away...little by little!!!

Adhesion related disorder has affected YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR RELATIONSHIPS, YOUR SOCIAL INTERACTIONS, and YOUR EMPLOYMENT!!! This is a story that NEEDS TO BE TOLD!! And YOU are the only person who can tell it like it really is!!

ALL of the following need to be heard: the MONETARY COST of medical care, the problems you've had with your INSURANCE CARRIER, the way you have been treated by some of the MEDICAL PROFESSION, your inability to receive ADEQUATE PAIN MEDICATION, and many more situations, which have impacted each of your lives. Only YOU know what those situations are and the effect they have had on you.

BEV NEEDS YOUR STORIES BY APRIL 20th!! With the help of YOUR STORIES, she is going to do everything she can to draw attention to ARD...this disease that is distroying your life and so many other lives. Bev's meeting with these government officials at Washington, D.C. could attract the kind of attention that is needed in order to get adhesion related disorder recognized as the devastating disease/disorder it really is.

This could be the beginning of long-awaited change...change that could mark the beginning of the end to the inhumane treatment so many ARD sufferers have been subjected to in their search to find a way to restore their health; so that they could live life as it was meant to be lived...pain-free!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PLEASE:

* Share your experience...in the form of a STORY.

* Use the following outline only as a guide!!

* Send your stories to me at: olddad66@runestone.net ... NO LATER than APRIL 20th!!!

[]]] YOUR EXPERIENCE AS A RESULT OF ARD:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1.) WHO I AM:

I am...your age...male/female...married/single...children

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2.) HOW THIS PROBLEM STARTED:

I have had ( How many? ) operations in the last __years...starting with ____ and most recently _____. These operations have been mainly for the problem of _______.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3.) RECOGNITION THAT THE PROBLEM IS ADHESIONS:

My insurance carrier won't recogize I have adhesions because____. Therefore, they will NOT cover me for pain clinic or surgical treatment. I am unable to qualify for disability benefits. I have tried to appeal to ______; but to no avail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4.) MEDICAL EXPENSES:

I have $_____ of unpaid medical bills because my problems have not been recognized by my insurance carrier.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5.) INABILITY TO ACCESS TREATMENT:

I have tried to be treated by Drs.___and____ in ( Name of city ); but because adhesions are not recognized as a problem, my company ____ refuses to pay.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6.) PAIN MEDICATION:

An additional probem has been trying to obtain adequate pain medication!! Many doctors are afraid that I will become ( or I already am ) addicted to narcotic pain medication; and due to government regulations, doctors cannot or will not prescribe an ample supply of strong enough analgesics.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PLEASE SEND YOUR COMPLETED STORY BY APRIL 20th...TO: olddad66@runestone.net . I will make sure that Bev receives your story BEFORE she leaves for Washington, D.C.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: