Re: Dottie's message........................re-posted for Dottie

Thu Apr 5 02:13:06 2001

Dear Dottie,

Yes I have pain in my legs. I get sharp shooting pains down the back of both legs, pain in my lower back, pain in my left side down through the groin area and down the front and inside of my left leg. I also have pain at times under my ribs as well. My last surgery was February 16 and they removed adhesions from my transverse and descending colons, my small bowel, and detached my rectum from the top of my vagina. I have pain with bms too. The adhesions are back and worse than they were before. I had never had pain with the adhesions up along the transverse colon but now do. I live in Houston. My doctors say there is nothing else they can do for me surgically. I have had adhesions surgeries 5 times and they just come back with a vengence. So I am going to see a pain management doctor on April 10. I actually went and walked 2 1/2 miles with my friends on Tuesday. Everytime I brought my left leg back while walking, I felt the pulling up my left leg through the groin and up through the left side. It was extremely painful. This morning I couldn't even walk. I am very frustrated because I need the exercise. I am not like everyone else here who can't eat and is losing weight. I have a thyroid problem and started gaining weight from that. Then I had a total abdominal hysterectomy last June and I gained weight after that. And since December I have been pretty much attached to a heating pad not doing much of anything. And that has caused me to gain more weight. I am very depressed because of my weight and because of the adhesions, the pain, and all that goes along with suffering from ARD. But I guess I over did it with 2 1/2 miles the first time out. I have not walked that much and at a faster pace than normal walking in quite a long time. I don't know how I can help you except to be a listening ear. I do understand the leg pains though because I get it all the time. Sometimes it is worse than other times. I hope you do ind the help that you need and can get your life back. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know.

Love, Jenny

>
>~ ~ ~ ~
>
>From: Dottie (DottieKes@aol.com)
>
>Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:14:06 -0500 (CDT)
>
>This time I am having pain in my right side and right groin area and
>down my right leg. I also have pain under my right rib cage. I have
>pain in my right leg and It feels like pressure in my R. leg when I go
>up steps or up hill; It was just my one leg now It Is both legs even
>when I am just walking but worst going up steps. I can not make It up
>stairs to my bedroom with out crying.
>
>I have had disc surgery in my low back and I still have one buldging
>disc @ L-3-4- but the doctors say it is not that bad and the doctors
>here don"t see the point of removing adhessions as they just come back.
>Has anyone out their had pain in their legs like this from adhession .
>This pain is a lot like before but a lot worst and the leg&groin pain
>was never like this. I also can not have a b.m. without an enema. Ican
>not lay on my R.side because of the pain.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: