Re: Helen Dynda's/Dr. Wiseman's post re: insurance denial VERY important for us all

Sun Apr 1 22:15:51 2001

I guess I have to consider myself very lucky....even though I have Medicare I have never had medical care withheld. I don't know if I might have been treated at Johns Hopkins if I had something other than Medicare as my primary or not. They told me they could not treat me because it would kill me......so I am no help either. I think that if anything the Medicare has helped in my case. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield as my primary and I think there are instances where Medicare has paid when Blue Cross would not. I also do not need to get preauthorization for any services since Medicare is my primary.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Wade" <acbcsrt@kansas.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 8:19 PM Subject: Helen Dynda's/Dr. Wiseman's post re: insurance denial VERY important for us all

> I just wanted to encourage, cajole, plead, beg you....if you have a > story of difficulty getting appropriate medical treatment for ADR > because of your insurance company restrictions....to please send your > story on to Dr. Wiseman. There IS political action needed. There are > those who are willing and have the strength to take on these political > battles on our behalf. Let's arm them. > > So often, what LOOKS like a fight with our physicians...should really be > a fight with our insurance companies. Doctors, at times, may be > responding in what seems to us to be a less than helpful manner because > of insurance company policy. These efforts that are beginning to be > made to work on the "bigger picture" will not progress without written > evidence of a problem. They need YOUR case histories. > > So, if you have had any of the problems getting treatment that Dr. > Wiseman has described, let him hear from you. If you want help writing > it, let me know. I'm maybe not such a great writer....lol...but I'm a > brave writer. My story does not fit his criteria and so I can't help > him much other than to prod the rest of you. Consider yourselves > prodded :)))) As always, Mary > > -- > Mary Wade >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: