Re: need a boost

Thu Mar 22 15:43:58 2001

Howdy Kel,

Ooo, a pity party! I'll bring the bean dip if someone will bring the soda! ;-)

Hmmm...sounds like you need some "me" time. Whenever I get to thinking too much, dwell on the "what ifs", or start kicking myself because I haven't done laundry in 10 days, I utilize a little technique to make me feel better. I recommend giving yourself some "me" time. Take an afternoon and make a mini-vacation out of it, even if you don't leave the house. Do something that you love to do, especially something that you haven't done in a while. Relax in a bubble bath, read a good book, or go take in that movie you've been hankering to see. The point is to leave your problems behind. It's not easy to do, and it may take a couple of times to get the hang of it. :-)

Keep in mind that the longer you put off the trip to PA, the more your condition will deteriorate (wow am I the optimist today, lol!). Even if the adhesions do return, at least you would get some relief in the meantime. Take your time in accomplishing your goals; putting too much pressure on yourself causes stress, which then in turn makes the adhesion discomfort worse.

You're a strong gal. Keep your chin up...the way to beat this thing is to stay tough. It's hard to accept the lifestyle that this disease has dealt us, but there are ways to beat it at its own game.

Love ya, J.J. "I Shoulda Been a Med Student" Riggs

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: