Something that made me think

Thu Mar 22 15:16:29 2001

Lord, Forgive me when I Whine Today, upon a bus, l saw a lovely girl with golden hair. I envied her...she seemed so gay. l wished I were as fair. When suddenly she rose to leave, l saw her hobble down the aisle. She had one leg and wore a crutch. But as she passed...a smile! Oh, God forgive me when I whine. I have two legs. The world is mine! I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. l talked with him. He seemed so glad. If I were late 'twould do no harm. And as I left he said to me: "I thank you. You have been so kind. It's nice to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind." Oh, God forgive me when I whine. I have two eyes. The world is mine! Later, while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue. He stood and watched the others play. He did not know what to do. I stopped a moment, then l said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?" He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear. O God, forgive me when I whine. l have two ears. The world is mine! With feet to take me where I'd go, with eyes to see the sunset's glow, with ears to hear what I would know... O God forgive me when I whine. I'm blessed indeed. The world is mine.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: