Re: PLEASE READ THIS POSTING!!!!

Sat Mar 10 14:02:28 2001

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>On 9 Mar 2001, at 21:07, Trtglia1@aol.com wrote:

<color><param>0000,0000,A000</param><FontFamily><param>arial,helvetica</param><bigger><bigger>To all members, this is Regina and I just had a very disturbing telephone  conversation with Dr.Redan. Apparently he just returned from Mexico and  heard about my "OPINION" and wasn't happy.

Regina,

Outrageous! Don't be intimidated. You related an experience, the same as many people do everyday on the Internet.

I am so glad that you brought up the issue of payment for this surgery. It is important information for all of us to have.

I am struck as I read the messages here at how frightened and vulnerable many of the women who write are. Chronic pain grinds us down -- not knowing what causes it makes the whole thing worse.

We need to know our own strength and know that we can help ourselves, that we are not trapped into a very limited set of choices.

Too often the message is that unless we can afford or are willing to make a huge family sacrifice to go to Germany or Pennsylvania, there is no help.

Yet, we have heard of wonderful results with acupuncture, with diet changes, with pain management. We are NOT helpless or victims.

My hubby bought a hat at Walmart with some Chinese characters on it. We've had a lot of laughs about what he was telling the Asian world as he wore it, but finally he asked the guys in the Chinese take out and they told him the characters mean "courage."

What a great message. When I went into surgery last summer, he was wearing the hat and he made the sign for courage which is two fists placed on top of each other.

So, courage, Regina and courage women on the list.

Kate

<nofill>

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: